The consultation period for our Relationships, Sex & Education Policy is now closed. Thank you to everyone who gave their input. Please find the final policy on the School Policies page.
Please see our current lunch menu which will run from Monday 29th October.
From 4th September, Breakfast Club is available from 7.45am each day at a cost of £2.50 per session. Breakfast is served until 8.30am.
Please see attached a letter from our Partnership Dean – Fr. Kevin Dixon.
The whole school enjoyed a Health Week in the sunshine; lots of wonderful activities took place including:
- American Football
- Relax Kids
- Hoop Starz
- Inflatable Assault Course
- Smoothie Bike
- Healthy Eating Assemblies
- Sandwich & lolly making
- Visits to Deerness Gymnastics
- Fun Runs
Please see our updated School Brochure for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
Please see the current lunch menu from Taylor Shaw:
Our Year Six pupils wrote and recorded their own podcast about our school. They give an excellent insight into some of our school clubs, outreach projects and opportunities for pupil leadership. Follow the link to listen and find out more:
Nearly six hundred votes have been received from children, parents, staff, governors and parishioners relating to our new Mission Statement- thank you to every one for your input and involvement. We are thrilled that there has been a real community approach to its development!
Our new Mission Statement is:
As unique children of God we:
Aspire not to have more but to be more.
Listen to Christ
Learn from Christ
Our school aims to:
- bring young people to their full and unique potential as children of God in a supportive and caring environment
- develop the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, morally, physically, socially and emotionally
- provide an excellent quality of education which is inspired by the values of the Gospel in which our children will feel valued and cherished
- ensure that the children’s experience of interactions and friendships within the school have a formative and significant influence on their understanding of relationships
- foster in our children the qualities of self-esteem, justice, honesty and respect for other people and cultures
- provide an atmosphere of warmth, care and justice in which children, parents, staff, governors and visitors are welcomed, accepted and affirmed
We have had an absolutely marvellous Mission Week in school; we have thoroughly been reminded of the fact that God’s love for us is unbroken and will always remain that way.
Numerous prayer opportunities were available to everyone including:
- praying the rosary
- class liturgies
- prayer stations
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- making prayer bracelets and ‘unbroken’ prayer chains
- ‘unbroken’ craft
- learning our Mission dance
- visiting people in our local area
- making a whole-school work of art
- our balloon release and the introduction of our outdoor Mission Cross
Thank you to everyone who has been involved in making our Mission week a success. Wearing our brightly coloured Mission t-shirts really allowed us to make a colourful impact during our Mission!