Welcome to Reception Class
Our Class Teacher is Mrs Bryant. She is supported by Mrs. Days.
From September 2014 we will be basing our planning on the new National Curriculum programmes of study and objectives. (Please visit the Our Curriculum section of our website to find out more about the new curriculum.) The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in Class R however follows a separate curriculum. There are seven areas which form the basis of the curriculum. These areas are made up of prime areas and specific areas.
The prime areas are:
- Personal, social and emotional development (making relationships; self-confidence and self-awareness; managing feelings and behaviour)
- Communication and language (listening and attention; understanding; speaking)
- Physical development (moving and handling; health and self-care)
The specific areas are:
- Literacy (reading; writing)
- Mathematics (numbers; shape, space and measures)
- Understanding the world (people and communities; the world; technology)
- Expressive arts and design (exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative)
Each area of learning has a set of related early learning goals which the children are assessed against.
Each Class has a Curriculum Map which outlines what will be taught during the year.
Reception Long Term Plan
Please check your child’s Class Newsletter for up-to-date details about what they will be learning each term.
Please read our class newsletter to find out what we will be learning in Class R this term.
Fine Motor Activities in Reception Class
We are really enjoying our new summer term fine motor activities. Not only are the activities super fun, they help to strengthen our fingers up too!
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.