We follow the Come and See R.E. programme in school which is recommended by the Diocese.
Our aims in the teaching of RE are:
- To give the children a deep knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith and other world faiths
- To encourage investigation and reflection by the children so that they can recognise the contribution it makes to their lives
- To give the children a deep understanding of the beliefs of others and to treat them with respect and tolerance
- To develop the skills the children need to be able to make decisions about faith values and life styles
- To give the children a deep knowledge and understanding of the Sacraments
- To encourage prayer and realise the importance of prayer
- View further information about the Religious Education Curriculum on our website.
Pupils take part in daily collective worship within school. Depending upon the day, worship is either as a whole school, a whole class, in small groups or individual. Collective worship is both child led and adult led and parents are regularly invited to take part in liturgies and masses.
We are currently introducing a range of Creative Prayer techniques in an attempt to allow the children to reflect and respond on the Gospel teachings.