Welcome to Reception Class
Our Class Teacher is Miss Dawson supported by Mrs. Bryant & Mrs Days.
From September 2014 we will be basing our planning on the new National Curriculum programmes of study and objectives. (Please visit the Our Curriculum section of our website to find out more about the new curriculum.) The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in Class R however follows a separate curriculum. There are seven areas which form the basis of the curriculum. These areas are made up of prime areas and specific areas.
The prime areas are:
- Personal, social and emotional development (making relationships; self-confidence and self-awareness; managing feelings and behaviour)
- Communication and language (listening and attention; understanding; speaking)
- Physical development (moving and handling; health and self-care)
The specific areas are:
- Literacy (reading; writing)
- Mathematics (numbers; shape, space and measures)
- Understanding the world (people and communities; the world; technology)
- Expressive arts and design (exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative)
Each area of learning has a set of related early learning goals which the children are assessed against.
Each Class has a Curriculum Map which outlines what will be taught during the year.
Please check your child’s Class Newsletter for up-to-date details about what they will be learning each term.
Keep up-to-date with news, events and galleries by viewing our Reception Class Blog.
Class Newsletter & Remote Learning Timetable
- Remote Learning Timetable w.b. 04.01 & 11.01
- Remote Learning Timetable w.b. 18.01 & 25.01
- Remote Learning Timetable w.b. 01.02 & 08.02
- Remote Learning Timetable w.b. 22.02 & 01.03
- Home Learning Tasks…Away from the Screen
- Lockdown Reading Challenge
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.