Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity (P.E.S.S.P.A.)
Here at All Saints Catholic School, we believe that Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity (P.E.S.S.P.A.) plays a vital part in promoting social inclusion, healthy lifestyles and self confidence in our pupils.
Please click here to see how we are spending our Premium Funding this year and how we have spent it over the past years.
From spring 2021, we are introducing the daily mile to help us with our Active 20 pledge for 2020 – 2021!
Our Sports’ Coach – Mr. Adderson – is currently working with the children at lunchtimes to increase their physical activity and encourage skills associated with team work and cooperation.
Our Lenten Challenge is linked to Physical Activity. Take a look here: Lent – Strava 2021
We made the Active 10 pledge for 2019 – 2020; see an example of some of the activities we did throughout the school day – Active 10 2019-2020
You can see which extra curricular clubs are available this half term here.
For more information linked to our wrap around care, please visit our childcare information. We have a sports’ coach available at Tea-Time Club from Monday – Thursday.
Sporting Success at All Saints
At All Saints’, we provide lots of opportunities for the pupils to play sport competitively against other schools. Below are some of the recent competitions our children have been involved in:
2019/2020 & 2020 – 2021
Disruption due to pandemic. We hope to be able to join in more competitive sport again in 2021-2022.
- Netball league (second place)
- Year five and six cricket league
- Diocesan football – Bishop’s Cup (third out of fifty four schools)
- Tom Johnson football shield (first place)
- Year three and four football league (second place)
- Level two school games – basketball
- Level two school games – swimming (second place)
- Level two school games – gymnastics (one pupil representing Derwentside)
- Level two school games – tag rugby
- Cross country competitions (winners & top three finishers in multiple races as well as a large number of pupils running for enjoyment)
- Tony Reather football league (joint first place)
- Four week netball taster league