SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs. Laura Bryant (qualified with NASENCO). Mrs. Bryant can be contacted via the school office.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council’s Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Parent Support Advisors
- Parent Partnership
- Durham Educational Psychology Service
- Paediatric Team – Stanley Family Centre
- Community Nurse
- Specialist Health Visitor
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- Occupational Therapy Service
- Speech and Language Therapy
- One Point Children’s Service
- The Service for the Visually Impaired
- Epilepsy Nurse
- Tree Tops Occupational Therapy
- Anti-bullying Service
- Learning Library – Resource Centre
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- Educational Social Workers
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- in school support
- external specialists
- specialised resources
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.